switchmap-ng is Python 3 inventory system that reports and tabulates the
status of network connected devices. The information reported includes:
- Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) data such as:
- Layer 1 information (Network port names, speed, state, neighbors)
- Layer 2 information (VLANs, 802.1q trunk links)
- Layer 3 information (ARP information)
- System status
switchmap-ng has the following features:
- Open source.
- Written in python, a modern language.
- Easy configuration.
- Threaded polling of devices for data. Fast.
- Support for Cisco and Juniper gear. More expected to added with time.
- Support for SNMPv2 and/or SNMPv3 for all configured network devices.
We are always looking for more contributors!
The project took inspiration from switchmap whose creator, Pete Siemsen, has been providing guidance.